I finally got around to installing the W3C‘s MarkUp Validator locally. (Yes, more validators!) It’s now running on Red Hat Linux 7.2 inside the firewall, for use by the internal folks. I also attempted an install on Mac OS X 10.2.8 (using this guide) but I’m not quite there yet. I’ll be trying again…

Anyway, the install on Linux was not too difficult, requiring OpenSP, libiconv, and some perl modules. (Let’s put it this way, it’s much easier than a Bugzilla install.) I’m glad I finally did this, as another project I’m working on needs a validator installed locally.

Comments are closed.

« | »

buy the button:

Buy The Button