2004.02.05

I ended up getting the W3C‘s MarkUp Validator installed properly on Mac OS X 10.2.8. There were just some minor ‘gotchas’ along the way. The best advice I can give is to READ! Yes, RTFM, and then read it again…

My software installs usually go like this: Attempt an install, with a basic skimming of the docs, and if it doesn’t work, start really reading the docs…

I ended up installing gettext, then libiconv again (as suggested) and then Text::Iconv (following David Wheeler’s notes) and that fixed the big problem….

As for the second problem, well, that’s my own stupid fault. See, I edited a config file using pico, and I forgot that when you copy text, and then paste it, it turns tabs into spaces. Since name/value pairs need to be separated by a tab, this broke things. That’s just one of those sanity check things so I think I get a free pass on that one.

So in summary, I’ve now got the W3C‘s MarkUp Validator running locally on Mac OS X. You can just feel the exciting building!

Comments are closed.

« | »


buy the button:

Buy The Button