2008.02.18

MilwaukeeDevHouse1 MilwaukeeDevHouse1 will take place March 14, 2008, and we hope to see you there.

Sure, we hope to combines serious and not-so-serious productivity with a fun and exciting party atmosphere, but what do you plan do when you are there?

SuperHappyDevHouse23 just took place, and here’s a few things people had on their TO DO list for it:

• solar-powered Arduino
  • Hello World in Adobe Air
  • home automation web UI
  • trying to learn how to write a stored proc in Postgresql
  • reading about hotel software.
  • Working on a coupl’a Facebook apps
  • Working on a random heatmap overlay generator

I’ve already had one person say “I’ll bring nasty toxic chemicals to etch PC boards and make something” so already, we’re looking at something interesting happening. :)

10 Responses to “What will you do at MilwaukeeDevHouse1?”

1. AbrahamNo Gravatar says:

Attempt to build a Facebook app that syncs with GMail’s contacts list.

2. Build a Flickr application that allows people to “vote” on which view of the photo they like better: B&W vs Color, Portrait vs Landscape, etc.

3. blakeNo Gravatar says:

I’ll be working on some YTBD project that gets started during DrupalCon Boston, probably during the code sprint.

Candidate of the moment: Using openid as a backend for a user friendly authentication system between mediawiki and drupal installs.

4. KeVroNNo Gravatar says:

Work on an idea for a cross site RSVP notification utopia.

5. HeyGabeNo Gravatar says:

I’m going to hang around and be loud.
    And I’ll probably edit some on my novel.
    I also have at least two query letters I need to write.
    Maybe, though, I’ll send out BarCamp Milwuakee 2 thank you letters.

6. Hacking together a yet to be announced sports/democracy in action/fight the man sports site.

Depends on what I get done over spring break.

7. ArlenNo Gravatar says:

Either continue my Rails learning project (a slashdot-esque chess community site) or work on the bones of an interactive PGN-based chess game display web service (AJAX/PHP).

Or maybe I’ll end up getting distracted by someone else’s project and dive in to help them.

Whatever happens, I figure on being up to my elbows in code for as long as I can stay semi-upright.

8. Jeff LarcheNo Gravatar says:

I wish I could be there Thursday. I’ll be at the first MIMA (Milw Interactive Marketing Assoc) function of the season. Have fun!

9. Mike RohdeNo Gravatar says:

I think I might float about and provide graphic secret weaponry skillz to who needs em, or I may build out MenomoneeFallsLife.com on WordPress… we’ll see.

10. Don’t exactly know, but I’ll be on hand to provide documentation for any project that needs some.

« | »