This is a recipe for pizza dough. Sorry, no story.
- 1 1/2 cups water, warmed to 110° F
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- Every seasoning you have
- Combine water, yeast, and sugar in a small bowl… Let sit for 5 minutes
- In a large bowl put the flour, salt, and every seasoning you have in the cabinet that makes sense to add to a pizza
- Stir in the water/year/sugar mix… I use a KitchenAid mixer with a dough hook, though you can knead by hand if that’s your style
- Mix that shit for a while, like maybe 10 minutes? When done, knead by hand a bit in the bowl… add a little bit of flour if it’s too sticky
- Take dough out of bowl, put olive oil in bowl, coat the sides, drop your dough in the bowl, coat the dough with olive oil
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap, then with a wet kitchen towel
- Put in the proving drawer for about 75 minutes (No proving drawer? Put it in a warm place I guess, you can prove in the oven if needed)
- Dough should double in size after 75 minutes or so… you can then shape it by hand on a pan and make a pizza, or you can parbake it for around 5 minutes at 475 F and freeze it for later
Oh yeah, this makes two crusts, or one giant crust. You can obviously make the crust as thick or thin as you want… but I make two medium thickness crusts with this recipe.