I don’t know if the Maker Movement has any hip-hop artists in its ranks, but at some point someone is going to want to write a rap mentioning CNC machines, so I’ve compiled a list of suitable rhymes for “CNC” and I present them here.
Note that some of these words/phrases are serious, and some of them are just for fun. It takes all kinds.
- Jamboree (fun word)
- Wait and see (should be in reference to the time it takes to finish a job)
- Filigree (should be in reference to detailed artwork.)
- My man Adrian B (should be in reference to Adrian Bowyer of the RepRap movement.)
- Look good to me! (should be in reference to how a job turned out.)
- Jubilee (fun word)
- My main man Bre (should be in reference to Bre Pettis of MakerBot)
- Bumblebee (fun word)
- Bruce Lee (fun, but could also be in reference to strength/power.)
- Guarantee (fun word, but could also be used in reference to how a job turns out.)
- Tree (should be in reference to the consumable used for a job is wood, which comes from trees.)
- Billy D[ee] (should be in reference to Billy Dee Williams or the other Billy D)
- Whiskey (fun word, but you should think twice before combining alcohol with any power tools.)
- Debris (should be in reference to the scraps/waste left after a cutting job is finished.)
- Banshee (fun word)
- Emcee [MC] (this one is obvious, I should hope.)
- Waikiki (fun word, possibly only suitable for Jerry Isdale.)
- Potpourri (fun word)
Alright! That should be enough to get started… can you think of any more?