Last year I was really pleased to see so many people & groups from UWM involved in Maker Faire Milwaukee. We’ve got another great batch this year, which I’ll share below.
I also want to call out Bryan Cera, an alumnus of UWM, and an all-around amazing maker. If you’re not familiar with Bryan check out his Maker Spotlight. Bryan is now a Professor at the Alberta College of Art and Design, but we’re pleased to see he’ll be returning to Maker Faire Milwaukee this year.
We’ve also got a few returning favorites, and some new friends joining us:
- UW-Milwaukee College of Engineering & Applied Science and School of Architecture & Urban Planning
- UW-Milwaukee’s Innovation Studio
- UWM Center for Gravitation, Cosmology & Astrophysics
- UWM Print Rollers’ Steamroller Extravaganza
- Robotics Association at UWM
- Tom Hansen – The Immersive Fluid Flow Experience
- Kevin Schlei – Ink Well
- Stephen Pevnick – Graphical Waterfall®
- Bryan Cera – Art+Tech
- Jess Holz – Light Painting Photo Booth
- Lionel Rocheleau – 3D Printed Modular Bike Frame
- Erykah Hill – Social Media: The New Era Drug
- Maksym Prykhodko – shout
- Jake Bissen – Rook The Knight Versus The Tesla Coils
Among the list are a few current students and recent graduates. We’ve also got few alumni working as producers and crew this year. Even Stephen Pevnick, Professor Emeritus is joining us! He was one of my instructors many, many years ago at UWM. It was great to meet him again and get a tour of his studio, and I look forward to see his Graphical Waterfall at Maker Faire Milwaukee this year.